The new Dover District Leisure Centre will feature a competition standard eight-lane swimming pool with spectator seating for 250 people, learner pool with moveable floor, four court sports hall, squash courts, multi-function room, fitness gym with 120 stations, fitness studios, clip ‘n’ climb wall, and a café. Plans also include two outdoor 3G artificial pitches for five-a-side football and a minimum of 250 parking spaces.
Introduction to the project and tour of project.
Progress at time of visit will be steel frame erection, first floor decking and roof decking installation and pool tank concrete works. Ground floor and surrounding areas will not be fully formed and drainage and trenches will open and being installed. As site is predominantly outside if bad weather on the day prevents a site tour an explanation of the project can take place in the offices.
|Address||New Dover Leisure Centre
• From the A20 continue to Dover Port Services. At the roundabout proceed up Jubilee Way until the Duke of York’s Roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A2
• Use the left 2 lanes to take the A256 exit towards Ramsgate / Sandwich
• At Whitfield Interchange S, take the 1st exit onto Honeywood parkway.
• At the roundabout take the 2nd exit and stay on Honeywood parkway.
• The destination is on your left.
|Length of Visit||1 Hour|
|Maximum Group Size||12|
|Register by||March 19, 2018|
Wheelchair access only exists to the car park area and not onto site due to the position on programme with excavations and groundworks progressing. A view from the access road and car park could be used for site viewing and explanation of activities.
Age 14 plus with accompanying adults
The next Open Doors will take place in 2019.