Wilsthorpe Community School is located in Long Eaton. The school has been selected by our client the ESFA for funding to build a new bespoke 3 storey superblock then demolish the bulk of the existing school buildings.
The full brief description of the main works is in summary;
- Refurbishment of school block ESFAB
- Enabling works on an existing tennis court and play area on the norther boundary of the school grounds.
- Construction of new 3-floor school building on the site prepared above. Covering 8275m2 and serving 1250 students and teachers.
- Associated diversion and connection of utilities/services and fitting out of spaces within the new blocks.
- On completion of the new block and decanting from 5 existing school buildings (ESFAE, ESFA, ESFAH, ESFAI & ESFAJ), with these 5 blocks subsequently demolished, including the licensed removal of asbestos/ asbestos containing materials within these 5 blocks.
- Associated landscaping of areas where existing school blocks have been demolished.
The project is based on the development that has been undertaken with our design team partners and through the Client Engagement Meeting process.
The construction sequence has been split into 3 distinct phases:
Phase 1 – Construction of the new 3 storey building
Phase 2 – Demolition
Phase 3 – Completion of the external works
The activities that will be taking place during the site visit will be as follows:
- External Brickwork
- Mechanical & Electrical Install
- Stud Walling
- Internal Door Install
The next Open Doors will take place in 2019.