In April 2018, Kier Construction Eastern was appointed by DfE to deliver a stand-alone three storey multi-use block.
The 2500sq m project will involve a new Science/Food Tech block/Canteen and the demolition of a two story existing block, and will include the construction of a new entrance complete with canopy, reception area and administration space.
Once complete the new build will provide facilities for 330 students and a canteen for the whole school and is due to complete in September 2020.
This is an opportunity to see not only behind the hoardings of the FitzWimarc School project we are delivering in Rayleigh, Essex, but as this project is a Level 2 BIM we will also be showcasing the technologies we are using to build this scheme.
At Kier, we are passionate about showcasing all that the built environment has to offer. During this 1 hour we will;
1. Site induction – a welcome to the site, cover off health and safety and introduce you to key members of the team
2. Project overview - an introduction of the project itself and confirm the key milestones
3. View the project from various safe viewing points and describe the works being undertaken
4. Technologies behind the project – BIM/Asta etc
5. Careers within the built environment – a brief overview of the various jobs available and routes to entry
6. Questions & feedback
Between 50a and 54 Helena Road, keep to the left on entry and report to the Gateman.
Cars can be parked in the surrounding areas.
|Length of Visit||1 Hour|
|Maximum Group Size||6|
|Register by||March 13, 2019|
Book your visit Manage your Bookings
March 20, 2019
|9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. 3 Places Left||Book|
|11 a.m. - noon 6 Places Left||Book|
|1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. 6 Places Left||Book|
|3 p.m. - 4 p.m. 6 Places Left||Book|
Want to visit this site but booking not open or fully booked? Use the waiting list function to be notified when places become available