Newfoundland is a 60-storey residential building situated on the western side of Canary Wharf Estate and bound by Westferry Road to the west, Middle Dock to the east and Bank Street to the south. The slim diamond shape of the tower is determined by the narrow footprint of the site. The building is supported and braced by the external diagrid structure of the façade along with numerous deep reinforced concrete piles penetrating into the chalk below.
The visit will include:
- A project update
- Overview of employment
- Q&A with the team
- Site tour
- Visitors must please wear trousers (no skirts), flat shoes with suitable grip (no heels) and consider warm clothing.
- There is no disabled access on site.
- Visitors are to be accompanied at all times by the CWCL representative and adhere to their request.
- Smoking is not permitted on the tour.
- Toilet facilities will be available at the start and end of the site tour.
- The tour may reach high levels; visitors must be able to walk down the stairs if necessary in an emergency.
|Address||Newfoundland Site Offices
West India Avenue
5 minutes walk from Canary Wharf DLR station
10 minutes walk from Canary Wharf tube station (Jubilee line)
10 minutes walk from Westferry DLR station
|Download directions to site|
|Length of Visit||2 Hours|
|Maximum Group Size||20|
|Register by||March 15, 2019|
Guests must be 18 or over to attend this visit
The next Open Doors will take place from Monday 16 - Saturday 21 March 2020.