Canary Wharf’s new district, Wood Wharf, has been designed to provide a new residential led, mixed use, waterside community defined by the quality of its public spaces, the diversity of its land uses and activities, and its exemplary architecture.
The masterplan, designed by Allies and Morrison Architects, creates a strong and complementary mix of uses, providing over 3,300 new homes, nearly 2 million sq ft2 of high quality commercial office space, and a further 490,000 ft2sq ft of shops, restaurants and community uses.
The development will broaden and extend the Canary Wharf Estate, adding to its vibrancy and continuallyand expanding the cultural, community and commercial offer. The site represents one of central London’s’ largest privately owned development sites extending to 23 acres and is recognised as being of major importance on a local, national and international level.
The visit will include:
- A project update
- Overview of employment
- Q&A with the team
- Site tour
- Visitors must please wear trousers (no skirts), flat shoes with suitable grip (no heels) and consider warm clothing.
- There is no disabled access on site.
- Visitors are to be accompanied at all times by the CWCL representative and adhere to their request.
- Smoking is not permitted on the tour.
- Toilet facilities will be available at the start and end of the site tour.
- The tour may reach high levels; visitors must be able to walk down the stairs if necessary in an emergency.
|Address||Wood Wharf Project Site
8 minutes walk from Canary Wharf tube station (Jubilee line)
10 minutes walk from Canary Wharf DLR station
Wood Wharf Project Site Office is adjacent to the service entrance of Churchill Place.
|Download directions to site|
|Length of Visit||2 Hours|
|Maximum Group Size||20|
|Register by||March 15, 2019|
Guests must be 18 or over to attend this visit