Due to Coronavirus, Bookings are Now Closed and we are Going Digital - Click Here to Find out More Information
Wootton Park School is a purpose built 1300 pupil Through School (meaning learners can start with the school at Reception age and could spend their whole school life here, even completing their A levels in the same building!
The development scope of works includes;
The demolition of a number of existing police buildings (off Mereway) prior to the construction of the new school building.
The new build 3 storey structure comprises of;
• Mass fill concrete pad foundations
• Structural steel frame with PCC planks and a structural topping
• SFS & insulation board to external walls (the vast majority of finishing materials to the external elevations will be brick with an element of curtain walling in various locations and cladding to the Sports Hall)
• UPVC windows with glazing specified to suit the surroundings (i.e. proximity to Mereway)
• Single ply membrane roofing system
4 new MUGA’s will be installed within the school grounds (3 on the south side of Wootton Hall Park Road and 1 adjacent to the existing pavilion building).
Existing parking facilities (to the South of Wootton Park Road) will be expanded and an additional car park for visitors and Sixth formers will be installed on the North.
A section (up to the existing pavilion parking entrance) of Wootton Hall Park Road will be widened to ensure the increase in school traffic does not have an adverse effect on police access to the range or the residents of Wootton Hall Park Road.
|Kier Site Office,
Wootton Hall Park,
A tour of the site showing the different construction processes taking place. We hope to have some BIM software to demonstrate to visitors, showing how we use innovative technology to assist the construction project.