Work to build a new multimillion pound, state-of-the-art Waste Water Treatment Works upgrade in Winchburgh is due to start around September 2021. The new and larger works will be built on the edge of the town, next to the site of the current WwTW. The current site has come to the end of its life and the new works will provide sufficient capacity to support existing and proposed development in Winchburgh for the next decade and beyond.
The new works will make use of state-of-the-art Nereda technology which reduces energy usage by up to a half and treats wastewater more effectively. Award-winning Nereda technology treats waste water much faster than current treatments and takes away the need for pumps and mixers, meaning less energy and space is needed to treat a higher quantity of waste water. It also removes the need to use any chemicals during the treatment process which better protects the environment at local waterways.
This investment is being delivered by Galliford Try as part of the Efficient Service Delivery (ESD) joint ventur and will start operating by winter 2023.
To find out more about the next phase of this project, from the 13th September you will be able to visit our virtual platform and explore the videos, information boards and maps.
You can also leave a message, ask a question or provide feedback on the project.
To take a Virtual Tour:
* Click here and follow these steps to receive your unique access link by email
1. Read and agree the Data Processing Permission pop-up
2. Provide your name, email address and select both “virtual attendee” and “check me in” boxes - this is essential to ensure your unique link is active when you receive it
3. Check for your confirmation email, which may take a few minutes
4. Click on the live link in the email to explore the virtual platform
Information on Open Doors 2022 will be released shortly