Mitsubishi along with development partner, Stanhope, began a comprehensive refurbishment of the former Goldman Sachs building earlier this year with their architects Fletcher Priest and delivery partner Mace as Main Contractor. A sustainable design was central to the brief to the design team, who have carefully considered the best way to retain and enhance all aspects of the existing building and minimise interventions.
The works, which are due to complete in June 2022, will reuse the existing structure and envelope, provide a complete reconfiguration of the ground floor arrival experience from Paternoster Square, as well as the installation of new plant through the building incorporating touch free services. Common amenity spaces will be incorporated, including a number of individual terraces and a communal roof terrace with unrivalled views of St Paul’s Cathedral
The ‘BREEAM Excellent’ scheme will see the retention and reuse of existing finishes, acknowledging the original interior design whilst reducing waste and offering a considerable carbon saving equating to the average annual carbon footprint of 1250 people, while the efficient plant design will deliver an EPC A, to minimise carbon in use.
The refurbishment of Warwick Court will consist of a the following fit-out works:
- Re-configuration of the ground floor including a new reception layout
- New retail glazing to the eastern elevation onto Paternoster Square and new reception entrance doors.
- Provision of new terraces at the south-east corners of level 6 and roof.
- Refurbishment of terraces at levels 4 (& 5).
- Provision of enhanced cycle parking and changing facilities.
- Partial infill to the internal atrium.
- New enhanced on-floor WC provision.
- New CAT A fit out to office floor plates
- New MEP services.
Information on Open Doors 2022 will be released shortly